If you have any questions about how we can help you with your learner licence, you may find it here.
Do I have the Correct ID?

Check you have the correct ID

Evidence of Photo Identity:

Option 1:

  • NZ Driver’s licence current or expired up to 2 years
  • Current NZ Passport

(If you have either of the above you have the correct ID no further documents required)


Option 2:

Do you have 1 x Primary Document?

  • NZ Passport*
  • Overseas Passport (may include NZ visa/permit)*
  • NZ emergency travel document
  • NZ refugee travel document
  • NZ certificate of identity (issued under the Passport Act 1992)
  • NZ certificate of identity (Issued under the immigration Act 1987)
  • NZ firearms licence
  • NZ full birth certificate issued on or after (1 January 1998)(Must be ORIGINAL)
  • NZ citizenship certificate.

The documents marked with (*) means they can be current or expired up to 2 years. All other documents must be current.

(If you have no primary document you will need to order a birth certificate we can order them for $30)

Do you have 1 x Supporting Document?


  • Current 18+ Card
  • Current Community Services Card
  • Current Super Gold Card
  • Current Veteran Super Gold Card
  • Current NZ student Photo ID
  • Current NZ employee photo ID
  • NZ electoral roll record
  • IRD Letter (or Card) with your name & IRD no.
  • NZ issued Phone or Power bill (Dated with in the last 6 months)
  • Bank Statement (i.e. a copy you have received by mail or by email showing name & account no.)
  • Current Overseas driver licence
  • Steps to freedom form

Photo ID must be current (not expired)  

(If you have 1x Primary/1x Supporting and one of the documents is a current Photo ID you have the correct ID)


Option 3:

(If you have no Photo ID from your primary/supporting documents you must fill out a DL26 form)



Yes we do.  We are now a WINZ supplier please book your appointment with your case manager then come to the caravan to get a WINZ QUOTE.  It is at the discretion of your case manager if you are eligible and if they will approve your quote.

How much does it cost?

Total is $168.90
Includes our teaching Fee $75.00 and Licence Fee of $93.90

I have a group of 3 or 4 students, can we all come?

Yes but please contact us first for group arrangements to ensure we have enough staff available.  We can teach groups of up to six students at one time but prefer smaller groups. We have at least one to two staff working every day, more if required.  Our staff enjoy working with a huge range of students from different nationalities and different ages.

I do not read very well. Can you help me?

We can read the questions to you during our program and have a reader for you in the test if necessary. However most of the time after completing our teaching sessions you will be able to independently sit the test.

I am from another country and want to convert my licence to a New Zealand licence. Can you help?

Our teaching methods are successful with all languages and cultures.  If you need a translator we may know someone or you can bring someone with you to translate our teaching. We will help you pass the New Zealand theory part of your conversion.

Sometimes if your English is weak you may take 2-3 visits to ensure you pass the first time. The teaching programme will show you and us when you are ready to pass.

Please note: We can teach using a translator but if the test is in your national language you cannot use a translator. Your choices are:

Sit licence test in your National language.

Sit licence in English

Sit licence in English and have someone read the English.

I have been disqualified for one year and one day? Do I have to be a Learner again?

If you had a Restricted or Full licence before you were disqualified then you do not need to be a Learner again. You sit the theory test and get your Restricted or Full licence back with “supervisory conditions.” This means you must have someone with you until you complete the drive test to complete the requalification process. (no L plates)

If you had a Learner Licence you do become a learner again but if the 6 months is up you are eligible to immediately proceed to Restricted.

I do not have any ID, what can you do?

If you were born in New Zealand. Bring $30.00 and we will order you a NZ birth certificate on line. We will let you know as soon as it arrives and then you can proceed with the licence learning.  Our $30.00 charge includes a small admin fee.

My passport is expired, can I still use it?

If it is expired less than 2 years then you can still use it for ID for a Drivers Licence. Please refer to “Identity” page.

An expired passport may be useful in obtaining an exemption if you cannot meet the identification requirements so don’t throw it out.

I have a photocopy of my birth certificate signed by a JP, is that ok?

No, sorry. Even if your birth certificate copy was signed by the Queen it is not acceptable. It MUST be an original.


Still have a question?